Dont know what happened

Username: Joesmooth

Post Number: 1
I dont know that much about speakers or stereo equipment. But I recently bought a mini stereo Its a piece of $$$$ but i just needed it for my dorm. Anyway it came with 2 6 ohm speakers. But I previously had 2 6 ohm speakers and 2 small speakers ( i dont even know how many ohms). I tied the wires together and plugged them into the stereo. There was a little pop sound and no more sound at all. So my questions are.
1) what happened
2) how can I get it fixed ( I may just return it)
3) Can I just use the 4 6 ohm speakers together. Or should I just use the 2 factory speakers that came with the system.

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 482
check internal fuses, if it has any. chances are, you probably wired the the speakers to get a 2 ohm load and overloaded the stereo. Not many cheap stereos can handle such a modified set-up, yikes!

Username: Joesmooth

Post Number: 2
What if I just used the 4 (6 ohm) speakers do you think that would be too much? obviously it was too much for the 6 speakers together. Or should I just say forget it and just stay with the 2 that came with the system

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 487
stick with what came with the unit to avoid problems. save your money for something better later.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us