Rv x1400 ,ascend cbm 170 and svs sub???

jj
Unregistered guest
hi guys
i already have rx v1400 and planing to set up a 5.1 system,im leaning towards ascend speakers, i have read a head to head review about hsu and svs,i know both subs are great but svs is just beter,so is svs a good match with ascend?

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 481
yes, and so is HSU. It is all a matter of preference, and this one is a hard choice. Have you had a chance to listen to them both??

jj
Unregistered guest
berny,
i have not heard of them,im in taiwan,no dealer that carries them here so i half to order it online ,well i am glad that svs matches the ascend,do you know any other brand of speakers that is much beter than ascend? (sound and looks)

Silver Member

Post Number: 486
for the price point of the ascends, they are hard to beat. Outstanding musicality...although I am not a big fan of its looks, I would take a set in a heartbeat. have you listened to anything else, like the paradigms, Axioms(probably a little too bright for the Yamaha) and NHTs. These are the closest things I've heard together, but i wouldn't say they are better. At this point it is a matter of personal preference.
cheers

jj
Unregistered guest
berny,
the ascend 5.1 package is $1308+300 shipping=$1608.if i go with the svs it cost ascend speakers for $858+200 for shipping+549 for svs and +250 for svs shipping,a total of $1857,is svs worth the money?

jj
Unregistered guest
anybody has any input?

Silver Member

Post Number: 498
it is worth the money, there is just no getting away from all the shipping charges even if you go with cheap speakers, the shipping charge will be the same.
Go with the speakers that will serve you well and you will not be disappointed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us