Blown Sub???

taylor laurence
Unregistered guest
Hey,
I own a JVC HX-Z10 minisystem, I've had it for about a year and a half and it is currently hooked up to my computer. The other day I went to play some tunes where I noticed a hissing/weezing sound from the sub on the right side. The whole stereo cuts out whenever there's a certain level of bass, so right now I've disconnected the subs. To get the sub working, I've trying connecting/disconnecting the wires, putting the right feed wires into the left one, and the speaker remains effed. I took off the side panel to check the cone, I didn't notice any cracks/tears.
If the sub is blown, can I go to an audio store and simply pick up a similar sub? Or am I just screwed for bass now?
Thanks.

Username: Gamerdude

Kitchener, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 6
Sounds to like you might have screwed up ur amp up i have a old set of logitech computer speaker and the woofer is pretty much done the foam suround is killed parts of it are missing and it dosnt hiss/weezzz so i'm thinig you have over loaded you amp some how or it just is bing reatrd e-mial the company and see what they think
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us