Alternative to Polk 6700?

hertz
Unregistered guest
I was looking at Polk RM6700 (speaker system -$600) and a PSW303 sub ($200)
I was just wondering if there were better speaker systems out there in the same price range?
Receiver - Pioneer 912K (8ohms, 110W/channel)
Mostly HT
Room size - 350 sq ft (carpeted)

Thanks for your advice.

Username: Gzoda

Kansas USA

Post Number: 4
I basically have the exact same delimma (912k and looking for speakers for a 400 sq ft room, used mostly for home theater, and have less than $1000 to spend). I had been checking out the Infinity Modulus system because they look cool and they seem to be a quality system (you can sometimes find them on ebay for $800 or less) and they seem to sound better than the Polk according to other reviews. I have also recently looked into Orbs (orbaudio.com) and they claim to have good compact sound for $699 including a sub.

Are you limited in size of speakers? You can find some good deals on speakers through streetprices.com if you have a particular brand that you like. I seem to have gravitated more toward Infinity and Klipsch for the home theater, but just deciding if I want to get big boxes (is it really fuller sound?) or smaller (will I notice a difference).

Have you listened to the Polk's? They have them at Circuit City if you have one near by. I was going to check them out again too since I've seen some positive posts about them here. I remember recently Circuit City had a deal where you get the sub free with a $499 or more purchase.

Good luck and happy hunting. See you in the field!

Anonymous

Look around you should be able to get the 6700 + sub for about $600 or less.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us