Need help

Username: Nik3

Sacramento, Ca Usa

Post Number: 2
i need a good deal i got sony ss-mf750s and am running them with an cheep onkyo htr 320
the sound from the speakers are good but i want more i have been thinking of ways to get better sound i no the speakers are not b&w but i think they could sound better any sugjestions on if i get a better receiver then the onkyo it would make a diffrance and what typs of receivers that i can get with out having to rob a bank.

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 531
And Edster says...

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3173
well actually Nuck, I would NOT recommend the Panny if he's going to keep the Sony speakers. Sony speakers are notoriously bright and tinny, which would only be multiplied with such a highly detailed receiver like the Panny xr55.

lousy speakers + Panny = another misguided Panny detractor

Username: Nik3

Sacramento, Ca Usa

Post Number: 5
thanks for the help i would not go as fare as to say lousy but not great they do have a better sound then my old va-3s altough they cam out in the 90s but am very happy with the speakers, for 290bucks brand new for the rears center and floors new i liked them ofer them fluance set was going to go with the jbl e60 but i could not aford it love the jbls should have gone with them but i got them on the web and that would be a kick in the head to lose money to send them back all i realy do is play the new xbox 360 and sacd's and sometime dvd i just need a sub now was thinking about keeping it all sony with the wx700 heard they were alright but then am in a tight spot cuzz i found the veloydne vx-10 and its kinda like back to the sonys or jbl i think am going to go with veloydne and know i got the better brand this time but the sound that the sonys are very tight with the bass and i have not even broke them in.i love the look in prob about a year to 2 i will buy new speakers win i move into a bigger place still live with the parents and am in a small room so i will need better speakers prob jbl polk audio or energey. but for right now there nice for me and get nice and loud with some breff moments of jow dropers. i was looking for and upgrade from the va-3s but did not no if i could cuzz the va-3s cousted alot more in there time but i did, now its on to geting a better amp.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2356
"lousy speakers + Panny = another misguided Panny detractor"

How utterly ridiculous!

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3190
that's not to say that people who have GOOD speakers and dislike the Panny are also misguided, no.

But if I owned say, JBL speakers I doubt I'd enjoy hearing the Panny on them myself.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us