5.1+ surround mini/shelf system recommendations?

Username: Dasharp1

Raleigh, NC USA

Post Number: 2
Have 30" LCD HDTV mounted in floor-to-ceiling bookshelf (one shelf removed) in small den. Bookshelf is only 11" deep. Would like to add 5.1 (or more) surround sound receiver & speaker setup, so need a receiver or minisystem that is shallow in depth, preferably around 12" or less. Would like good brand, high quality 5.1+ surround for movies/TV, not the 2-channel stereo common to all shelf systems I've seen so far, even those that play DVDs. Room config and wiring issues limit location of receiver to this bookshelf, too, near the TV...thus the issue. Any suggestions? Is there a 5.1/6.1/7.1 receiver/DVD, minisystem, or HTIB that is shallower than 12" deep?

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3178
Bose probably has something that tiny, if you don't mind getting gouged for crap quality.

Look into the Denon and Onkyo minisystems, they might be the right size though not sure how many speakers they have, and of course for the same money you could probably get much better real components but not the depth you specified. (HTIBs are lousy in general.)

Username: Nik3

Sacramento, Ca Usa

Post Number: 8
me i got a onkyo 550 and was happey with the sound put upgraded to larger sony speakers. love onkyo and they are one of the best in the inbox leage. there also yahmaha and herman kardean cant spell but ya there all great as long as you spend the right amount on it i would say 500 for a system and with the inbox systems you always get what you pay for and everything works with everything put i would stay away from the amps that have the dvd player built in it sounds could but realy not cuzz you dont have as much inputs on the back and they break real fast, go with the ones with just the receviers and speakers i have delt with dvd player in the amp and not so great things to say bout them but the onkyo is the best one over the sony system i had and the jvc system i once had

Username: Nik3

Sacramento, Ca Usa

Post Number: 9
***** BUI I UPGRADED TO LARGER SPEAKERS sorry bout that text*********
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts