First impression on Marantz 7300 vs Denon 1803, please help

Username: Phucsafi

Post Number: 7
Thank you all especially My Rantz for my choice. Just bought the Marantz 7300 today with great price 600 USD. Only 100 bucks over the 6400 here. Compare to my previous Denon 1803, the 7300 is about 30% more power and rather hot. Stereo sounds warmer but not so different (1803 is the lower end Denon offer, I am sure the 3805 and 3803 will be much more better). How ever, I found something strange to my taste and I think worst than Denon here. Any comment please help,

1. There is not seperate volume for each chanel when in play mode (like balance). With Denon, during play, I can adjust volume each channel to suit with the source even in direct mode.

2. There is no tone defeat in 5/6 (multi chanel) that by pass the tone control circuit that offer near Direct mode.

3. Unlike the Denon, source direct and multi chanel mode does not offer sub-woofer out put so I can not use the sub-woofer while listen to music. I dont like other surround mode that support sub woofer channel

4. I prefer the 5/6 stereo (multi chanel) a lots while playing with my 1803. The Denon add two surround chanels with the same quality as front channel; with out any surround effect and I nearly get double loud at same volume. The Marant, on the other hand, offer very small volume (may be half of its stereo) at same volume control. Even I have set up everything, surround volume chanel to 10db.

Any comment, please help.

Phuc
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us