Need help to impress boyfriend for his 21st!!!

Unregistered guest
My boyfriend is turning 21 soon and his system recently went on the fritz... I want to replace the speakers from his backseat. Knowing this is a relatively specific gift I let him pick the brand so he would get what he wants BUT! the company stopped making them (Farenheit 5.25"). I know he's always talked about Audiobahn and Fosgate brands, but I don't know what I'm doing!!! I don't know if his car can handle only a certain amount of watts or if there needs to be a certain amount of ways (2-way vs. 3-way speakers, what the heck is that anyway???)... please help!!! Im' running out of time!

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 376
honestly, your best bet would be to go for brands like Morel and Nakamichi for great sound. I highly doubt that your bf has heard of them as they are the ULTRA high end of the car audio world. I myself am 22, and won't use or reccomend anything else. The highs are crystal clear, mids are to DIE for, and bass is deep and tight.

Like I said, you can NOT get better car speakers than Morel and nak for the price. They sound as good (or better) than many home speakers.

BTW... I myself consider Fosgate and Audiobahn "poser" equipment. That is, the name impresses people when you really can do MUCH better in the long run.

Unfortunatly, the kicker with Morel speakers is some people consider them VERY expensive. Give me a price point that you are looking at and I can give you some reccomendations if it is less than the price of the morels, which are the price of decent home speakers.

Nak are less expensive.

Bronze Member
Username: Cmoore

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 30
Go to a car stereo dealer (not a Best Buy, etc) and ask for a comparable speaker to the Farenheit 5.25.
Don't worry about the 2 way. 3 way thing, but find out how many Watts the Stereo puts out, and give the dealer that info also..
Cheers!

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 476
And you can look in the car audio for more info for your lucky guy!

Silver Member
Username: Fps_dean

Williamstown, MA USA

Post Number: 142
Go listen to stuff. I find many 2 or 3 way car audio speakers are very harsh in the mids and/or the highs. Granted you can get away playing some music like that and it will sound alright, but try playing hard rock/metal on it and you will be deaf in no time :-)

Find something that sounds balanced with everything and whatnot. I used to not care what my car audio sounded like, but then I got a decent system at home and I cannot stand playing music in my car anymore - AM radio it is for me now.

Silver Member

Williamstown, MA USA

Post Number: 143
Oh and hey Jocelyn, if you're ever single let me know :-)

Silver Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 493
I wondered who would be first, dean!

Silver Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 494
Soyy about dean, Jocelyn, it was inevitable!

Silver Member

Williamstown, MA USA

Post Number: 149
^^ In my defense, don't tell me you weren't thinking the same thing :-)

Silver Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 496
Dude Im like her fathers age.
I have a daughter older than Locelyn.

AND dont even THINK IT!, let alone say it!

Anonymous

It.

Silver Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 497
b@stards

Silver Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 498
Ive had enough abuse for one night, I have to sweep out the car in the morning here in the Quebec snow.
Should you wish to discuss audio, I will return at a later date.

Daffy Duck apoplectic face

Silver Member
Username: Rysa4

Post Number: 105
Dynaudio actually makes an impressive premium set of car speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us