Thoughts on Yammie and Axiom Speakers

Marym
Unregistered guest
I would like thoughts on the following setup that I am thinking about.

Yamaha RXV2600
with the following speakers from Axiom
2 - M2i Bookshelf
1 - VP100 Center
2 - QS4 Surrounds
1 - EP125 Subwoofer

Couple of questions:
* What are your thoughts on Axiom speakers
* Should I consider the VP150 for the center insteadof the VP100.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3025
Axioms, especially the small bookshelves, are often accused of being excessively bright which does not bode well with a Yamaha receiver. Here's another Internet-direct speaker company you might want to look into:

ascendacoustics.com

What I'd do is order a pair of the M2i's and a pair of the CBM-170s, send back the pair you like less. Just $15 or so return shipping in exchange for dead certainty.

For the center channel, I'd get the best one you can afford, this is the true workhorse of your HT system, does about 60% of the work---mostly dialogue. The surrounds do 10%, once in a while for a movie like Lord of the Rings maybe 20% of the work so that's where I put the least importance.

Look at Internet-direct subwoofer-only manufacturers like Hsu and SVS, great value and superb quality.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2283
There are a lot of great speakers out there. Don't limit yourself to internet direct ones if you have a choice. Best thing for you to do is go out and audition speakers. That way you can make an informed choice.

Username: Mojomusic

Post Number: 1
Thank you so much for your help
I will check them out. And that is a good idea...getting 2 types and then sending back the pair
Thanks again
I'll post again what I decide on

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 380
Mary,

go to www.paradigm.com and locate a local dealer for you. Paradigm's monitor series ($350 to $1000) and performance series ($200 to $700) speakers offer great bang for the buck. I myself use paradigms, and I believe Art does as well.

They make speakers in all price ranges, from $200 to $6000.

Here is a link to their Performance and Monitor lines, with a description of what the stregnths of each line is. They have higher priced lines as well, you can find them under the "reference" button in the upper right corner of the page.

http://www.paradigm.com/Website/SiteParadigmProduct/ParadigmProduct.html

here is a link to their dealer locator:
http://www.paradigm.com/Website/Dealers/Dealers.html

trust me, these speakers are worth a listen :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us