Bush MTT1 Mini Turntable

Username: Sigeospratt

LONDONUnited Kingdom

Post Number: 1
I would very much like to know if there is anything I have to do prior to putting a record on and expecting it to play some of my old discs. My old 12" records are those of my family's music, my parents having been classical orchestral musicians. They played in various orchestras and opera orchestras and have pressed relatively few recordings. I would like to know if my MTT1 turntable is up to the job of playing all this music that I would love to hear again, and to play to my girlfriend when she next comes to my bungalow.

Any advice on starting my MTT1 would be welcome as none of the lights on the front of the machine are lighting when the plug is switched on. Is there a problem with the wiring? Is there a problem with the mechanicals of this model? It was given five stars in 'What Hi-Fi' magazine when reviewed, so it should be a good one.

My reason for purchasing this turntable is that my old equipment blew up for no apparent reason and was replaced by a Denon D-C1 microsystem with inputs for an auxilliary item such as the Bush MTT1 turntable that I have just purchased. I purchased it this morning at a car boot sale, although it was brand new and boxed and although I have followed all the instructions in the small booklet that came with it, it seems not to work at all. This is why I am asking this question.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2273
Your Bush turntable should work straight out of the aux as it has a built in pre amp. I hate to ask a stupid question but i it plugged into the wall. If so you may have been sold a bad one. It sounds like you have a very interesting background in music. Good luck. Jan may weigh in with more informed suggestions than mine.

LONDONUnited Kingdom

Post Number: 2
Thank you, Art. There is nothing stupid in asking if I had plugged it into the mains, and the answer is that I had. I have the feeling that I was sold a bad one. Perhaps a fuse has blown in the plug because of the shaking of bringing it home? Perhaps a wire in the fitted and sealed plug has come out of its housing? There could be all sorts of reasons for this, and I may even find a reason for suing Enfield Council for the speed humps on many of Edmonton's roads. Do you think that this might POSSIBLY be the cause of my problems?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2286
I had that happen with a used TV I bought once. Worked great when I bought it and never again after I got it home. There weren't speed bumps in the road just pot-holes. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

LONDONUnited Kingdom

Post Number: 3
Thanks, Art!! That gives me a reason for suing Enfield Council for putting the speed humps onto Edmonton roads. You have been most helpful and thank you very much.

Simon

Rob Hind
Unregistered guest
try & cut plug off & fit new one
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us