Pioneer Elite Receivers

Username: Lovecraft

Alexandria, VA USA

Post Number: 2
Has anyone heard any advance word about 2006 receivers from Pioneer? The last thing was the 74 & 72TVXI models that supposedly are replacements for the 54 & 52 elite models. Both have substantial power numbers over their replacements. Does that mean the replacements for the 56 & 59 receivers should be of higher watts per as well?

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 736
I doubt it. The amp sections of the 49Txi and 59Txi are big time. One of a few that actually crank out more than listed at their 130 watts/channel at 7 channels. They put out 148 watts/channel at 5 channels and 144 watts/channel at 6 channels. You wouldn't hear the difference with a 175 watt/channel amp.

I expect they will put everything from the 74txi in it, plus an even more advanced automatic acoustic EQ balancing system. Maybe they are waiting for HDMI 1.3? I wouldn't be suprised if it had HD radio, besides the XM, and Dolby headphone jack. But not being privy to their engineering department (they seem more private than Apple)--who knows?

Anonymous

The caps are supposedly smaller in the new Elite receivers on the models you mentioned

guest poster
Unregistered guest
The 74 and 72 are replacements for the 54 and 56, not the 54 and 52. They are much lighter due to the new amp design. The caps in the 74 are 15,000 and are 27,000 in the 56. In the two reviews I have read there seems to be a large varience in the measured power output in 5 channel mode. The 56 is a veritable powerhouse and I am not convinced the new models are capable of such output regardless of their higher advertised ratings. More reviews will hopefully answer this question.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us