Match For Paradigm Studio 100 Speakers

frank1203
Unregistered guest
I absolutely love the Paradigm Studio 100 speakers. I am looking at two different receivers for a good match. One is the Yamaha RXV-4600 and the other is the Rotel RSX-1067. I'd appreciate your comments in helping me make the right decision here. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 737
It depends on if you are mostly interested in music or if you are mostly interested in HDTV with modern digital connections. Much better amp in the Rotel, about 120 watts with 2 channels and 100 watts into 5 channels. The Yammy may say 130 watts at 2 channels (somewhat dubious), but it definitely only cranks out 40 watts with 5 channels. But the Rotel doesn't have the advanced digital connections, such as firewire and HDMI and that will ultimately in the next few years be very problematical for watching HDTV and can even be a detriment now.

If the Rotel had those connections it would be a no brainer. Of course there are other receivers in this price area that may well be more suitable, depending on if or when you get surround speakers, get a dvd player with HDMI and/or firewire (i-link). If I was just listening to stereo mainly I would get the Rotel. I would e-mail Rotel and ask them if the receiver will be upgradable to more modern digital connections and if not, do they have an alternative product.

But Denon and Pioneer Elite make receivers in your price range that should also be considered.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us