Pioneer 578-A , dvd-audio only output

Hi REZ Confusion
Unregistered guest
What could be the problem when I play a dvd-audio disc?, seems it will only playback into 2 channel stereo vs multichannel. I also play Sacd discs with no problem. Is this a set-up problem? The player is connected using the multichannel outs to the 6 channel direct in on my receiver. Everything plays on this player except for this quirk...???

Jason

Silver Member
Username: Sem

New York USA

Post Number: 524
More than one DVD-A? If it's on all of them check the setup on the player. I've got the 563a (they're similar), and know that within the setup menu you're able to switch between DVD-A 2 channel and 5.1 channel mode. I'll check exactly where it is when I get home later today.

Hi REZ Confusion
Unregistered guest
I appreciate it the feedback, I will check within my setup options when I get home as well...thanks

Silver Member
Username: Sem

New York USA

Post Number: 525
Not sure if your remote and menus are the same as mine but here's what I found:

I checked my setup this evening and I misspoke. On the remote Home Menu - > Initial Setup > Options > SACD Playback you can select SACD 2-channel or multi-channel. Under Initial Setup > Options > Speakers you can select 2 channel or 5.1 channel. I did not see an option to specifically select DVD-A, 2 or multi channel. You do that under the speaker section I mentioned above. For what its worth, you can however select either DVD-A or DVD-V. For grins I set the SACD to 5.1 but the Speakers to stereo and played Beck's Sea Change SACD. It played in stereo. Setting SACD to 2 channel and Speakers to 5.1 also resulted in stereo. Since your SACDs play in multichannel, I can assume your Speaker setting is 5.1 Not sure why the DVD-A's are stereo only.
You may want to double check to make sure your DVD-A is indeed multi-channel, some aren't. And after you've exhausted all other options if it still won't play multichannel, then perhaps you have a problem with the player. Good luck at any rate.

Hi REZ Confusion
Unregistered guest
Thanks

Hi REZ Confusion
Unregistered guest
Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us