Trying to hook up phono to my AIWA NSX-A115 and it's very quiet...

Unregistered guest
So I attached a record player to my aiwa 3-cd system thing, and it all works fine, but i have to turn the volume up to 26 for regular listening. When I listen to CDs on loud, all i have to go to is 20 for loud and 12 for regular listening. I've got all my speakers attached correctly, and the Aux ports, but the ground cable seems to have no where to go.
anyone able to help me out?

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 518
Aahh, Cecil, you are short a component. You absolutely need a phono pre-amp as the output from a turntable is not nearly high enough for the normal auxillary inputs on todays stereos. These used to be built in, but as fewer and fewer people have a turntable, most stereo makers have simply dropped them from their units. So, here is a reasonably priced phono pre-amp, which should also have a screw post for your ground wire lead:

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.ACCT106601/sc.2/category.401/it.A/id.915/.f;jsessionid=ac112b751f4313b1333bce1b4790a409c0d55ac227d9.qQvJq2PEmlnva30N-BbQmkL z-ATzr6Lzn6rzqwTxpQOUc30KaNDNo6XKq6zInRmTbgbNo6XK-kDvrA4Ka3aIqQvJq2PEmlnva30N-Bb QmkLz-ATzr6Lzn6rzqwTxpQOxchmSc34xo6XHngbCpQPz8QfznA5Pp7ftolbGmkTy

You can also find cheaper units at Radio Shack, but this unit is pretty good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us