"authorized dealer"

Bronze Member
Username: Bill984

Post Number: 25
if a company like martin logan only warranties their product if bought from "an authorized dealer" then where do all these other dealers get their spekers from?

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 320
They fell off the truck.
Hehe

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6575

What "other dealers" and what "speakers"? You mean the guys in the white van?

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 740
do you mean unautorized online dealers or like jan said? most unautorized items, granted they are genuinely that product and not a fake knock off, are from the gray market. from what i understand in previous discussions they are obtained illegally sometimes from other countries then sold usually with out serial numbers since those can be used to track where the product originated from and distribution rights can then be revoked. some companies have authorized online dealers like HK has JR.com where as most hifi companies would rather have potential customers walk in to a store and talk to a salesman to get a better idea on their products and better customer service. like anything else, if its too good to be true, it usually is. no need to worry for you though since you got your MLS from tweeter. hope you will enjoy them.

Bronze Member
Username: Bill984

Post Number: 27
yeah, i was just wondering why some place like "pricemad.com" could sell a pioneer elite for 1000 less than tweeter but pioneer won't honor the warranty because they are not "authorized".
ps if you see a white van selling ml's email me.

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 742
there are tons of websites that are in the gray market. i am almost certain that brandnamez.com is one of those. if i find a white van selling MLs i doubt ill be telling anyone, haha. you are going to have to give us a detailed review when everything is set up.

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 329
Important Notice!
They repainted the van blue!

Beware!

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 353
I want some white van stats myself! LET ME IN ON THE SECRET!!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us