NAD T 743 component or s video cable?

Username: Bien

Post Number: 4
Hey everyone,

I should be receiving my NAD T 743 in a week or so, and I was wondering if I should use the component cables or S video cable to hook up to my DVD player. I noticed that I would not be able to use the OSD if I used the component cable. Will there be a noticable difference between the two types of cables?
Also, regarding the loss of the first second of music when using the digital cable from the dvd player to the receiver, can I also connect anolog cables from the dvd player to the cd input of the receiver to solve this problem.
Any thought or suggestions would be appreciated.

Bien

MDBArcam
Unregistered guest
go directly into your TV from your DVD player, there is no need to go to your receiver unless you lack the inputs on your TV. If you have a choice between component and S-Video, always go Component (then S-Video, and at worst go composite.

Bronze Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 73
Take both. Component for DVD to screen and s-video or composite for OSD. You can also plug both audio cables, digital and analog, but you migh find a difference in sound. If your DVD-player isn't anything special I think using the digital connection will give you better quality because the NAD has very good DACs, especially compared to low/mid-end DVD-players.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckeyeshine

Post Number: 82
landroval and MDBA both hit it. I use component video for my DVD to my TV (direct without going through my receiver) and S-Video from the receiver to my TV just for the NAD OSD.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 522
I agree. Go directly to the TV w/o going through the audio receiver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us