Shallow on wall mounted speakers

Username: Hunter2878

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4
Hi,
Does anyone have any experience with really shallow speakers? The type that you usually see mounted on the wall next to plasma TV's.

I think they might be a good choice for my very tiny apartment. Are there any that sound good? Do these type speakers have weak bass? What are the better brands and models?

Thanks
Hunter

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 343
The best wall mounts that I have heard are the MartinLogan Vignette and Fresco.

They are quite expensive, at $1400 and $2000 a pair respectively, and need a sub. But, they sound absolutly STUNNING! You simply can not get better on wall sound for the price.

Instruments and music seem to eminate from space, and not the speakers. Closing your eyes, you can't hear where the speakers are located. The music will surround you.

Check them out!

http://www.martinlogan.com/vignette_speaker.html

http://www.martinlogan.com/fresco_speaker.html

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 442
I'm sure you will only get so much from these flat panel, small speakers, but you may want to look at Boston Acoustics as well.

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 747
Bose Acoustimass are great small speakers.

Just trying to get a few laughs...

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 301
Stu, you prankster!

Username: Hunter2878

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 5
Wow,
Those Martin Logans look cool. I think 1000-1200 for the front 3 would be ok, but 1400-2000 a pair seems like alot for this type speaker.

What I think is funny is that they never show any wires going to the TV's or speakers. If I wall mount a tv and 3 speakers on the front wall it's going to look like a spider web.

Hunter

You got a laugh from me Stu!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us