Hawk, is the JMlab Chorus 710 any good?

BAF
Unregistered guest
Hawk, I am thinking to buy the JMLab chorus as a start for my hometheater. I am going to start from the front and center and surround maybe later. I know you recommend a lot of PSB. I audition psb image 2b with rotel and I don't really like it. I like the B&W 602 instead.
The problem is I haven't audition on JMLab chorus 710. What is the best receiver for the jmlab 710. Thanks

Anonymous

Do you need to get the JMlab over the B&W? If not get the B&W 602's if you like them. They are great speakers and resell very easy. The JMLabs are also well made, but take forever to break in and can be a tad bright so a warm receiver would work nicely. If you get JMLab get the newer "S" version.

BAF
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the reply, I am jsut wondering what the JMlab chorus sound will like? Is it similar to B&W 602? I consider the JMlab 710 because of the price. How bad is it compare to the S series.
Btw, I read marantz is consider warm receiver how about Nad? I am thinking about the T742 model? My budget for the receiver max $550. Which is better the Marantz SR6300 or Nad T742? I am going to use 50/50 for music and movie. I listen all type of music. Thanks for the help.

Anonymous

I haven't listened to the B&W and Focal.jmlabs side by side but I bet you get more bass out of the 602s compared to jmlabs bookshelfs. The B&W's are pretty big bookshelfs. Regarding the "S" version of the Chorus. They have whole new drivers which are supposed to be a huge improvement over the previous Chorus drivers. I bet you could get the 714s for a little more than the 602's, and have a floorstander.

Both receivers would be great. Marantz may have more bells and whistles. I don't think there is a "better" between the two besides what your ears think.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us