The digital inputs on my NAD T742 are flaky

Username: Jim85iroc

Stamford, VT USA

Post Number: 7
Some time last week, the digital inputs on my new T742 stopped working. The "digital" indication on the front panel blinked, just like it does if the coax/toslink is disconnected. Frustrated, I drove 3 hours round trip back to where I bought it.

Wouldn't you know they hooked it up and everything worked flawlessly.

So... I got it back home. No digital inputs. I tried optical and coaxial with 2 different DVD players and got nothing.

Later in the night, it seemed to work with my 2nd dvd player, but not my main one. A few minutes later it was working with both. It's been working fine since.

Anybody know what the hell is going on? The dealer thinks I'm an idiot, and my girlfriend is starting to think so too. I know better, but the thing keeps making a fool out of me.

Username: Kendrid

Post Number: 8
Did you try different cables?

Stamford, VT USA

Post Number: 8
yes. The behavior was consistant with numerous coaxial cables as well as the optical cable.

Bronze Member
Username: Smitty

Canada

Post Number: 47
Jim, I don't suppose the dealer opened up the unit to check for any loose connections?

Stamford, VT USA

Post Number: 9
nah. They just told me that unplugging it resets the microsprocessor and sent me home. I find it unlikely that there would be ANYTHING tapped off that power line before the power switch, but whatever. It's been working fine the last couple days, but I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us