Panny xr-55 running athena as-f2s

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 437
i am soon going to purchase either the Athena AS-F1 or F2's but am not sure which ones to get. i have the pannasonic xr-55 and am wondering if it will be able to push the 250w f2s or if i would be "wasting potential." as long as i am able to play my misic loudly i will be happy. which option should i choose? if the f1s are capable of loud play w/out distortion ill go with them. thanks guys

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 730
The Panasonic fanboys claim it can push Magnepans, if this were true, it could easily push the AS-F2s.

I'd be interested in hearing how the Panasonic does.

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 438
ill let you know if i get them, is it bad for my receiver to play it at 20db ( i have to use this high of volume when my dell is plugged in due to the lack of mp3 player power)? thanks

Silver Member
Username: Rsxman

Post Number: 134
the athenas are pretty efficient speakers so i dont see you having a problem running either one with that panasonic receiver

Silver Member
Username: Twebbz

Ann Arbor, Michigan USA

Post Number: 269
I believe your Panasonic is 100Wpc. No problem driving either the AS-F2 or the AS-F1. However, the AS-F1 does not perform as well as the AS-F2.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 2857
> ill let you know if i get them, is it bad for my receiver to play it at 20db

You mean the volume is at -20 right?

That's fine, that's about where I have it when watching DVDs. Similar to my old Marantz 5400, certain sources might demand much higher volume settings than others.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us