Connecting amp to reciever

Username: Hillo

Philly, Pa

Post Number: 2
I bought a 5 channel caver amplifier to boost power to an aging onkyo reciever however the receiver has no pre out RCA type outs to connect to amp and would like some suggestions on how to over come this?

Philly, Pa

Post Number: 3
any one have any ideas??

ABC
Unregistered guest
With no pre outs you can't.

I might be wrong but I don't think so

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 519
jeff:

Sorry Dude, but you're toast, at least as far as using this receiver is concerned. You absolutely need pre-outs to add an outboard amp, unless the amp has "high-level" inputs (which I seriously doubt as this would add a lot of distortion).

Philly, Pa

Post Number: 4
thanks folks
guess will need preamp
any suggestions less than $300
jeff

Username: Sandeep2r

Post Number: 2
Jeff,
Look for Marantz SR4400. It is a receiever with
pre-outs and can be found in the price range
that you are looking at. It sounds much better
than my Onkyo 575

Bronze Member
Username: Sound4bargain

Post Number: 16
Yamaha mid range will also have pre outs below $400 as do the Denon

WCTIII
Unregistered guest
I have a Sony De915 receiver and a new Pioneer
1014 tx receiver. I would like to use them both with one set of Acoustimas 15 Bose speakers. The reason to use both receivers is the sony has ac-3 rf input which can be used for a DVL-909 laser disc player and a phono input. I'm not sure if by linking up both receivers by video out to video input that the 5.1 would not pass on. Or if I must put some kind of switching device at the speaker output to isolate both receivers.

capww8
Unregistered guest
not 100% true... if you look to the the car audio people you'll find high/low level converters just for this application. They'll basically take your speaker level outs and convert them to low level RCA's... can't speak to how well this will work for you, but it's certainly an option. You might want to try it with one pair of channels, the device should be had at any car stereo shop for around $30

devdev
Unregistered guest
i need help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us