Tweeter-Pitiful!

Anonymous

Went to Tweeter to check out "this new bookshelf speaker" by a company called Sapphire. Aside from getting a lazy, worthless sales clerk, I had to put up with him insisting on playing MP3's for me through the speakers. I wasn't impressed by the sound at all but then again that's what I get for not bringing any of my own music. I know that one of the guys from Infinity has something to do with this speaker line, but based on the customer service I chose not to buy them. Anyone have an opportunity to hear some REAL music through the Sapphire SB Bookshelf speaker?

Bronze Member
Username: Billdashill

Post Number: 74
Go back with a couple of your own reference cd's and go to a different salesperson. If you don't get what you want talk to the store manager and have the manager light a fire under the same one that gave you sub-par assistance.

Anonymous

The lack of good customer service is almost expected nowadays, what put me over the top was the playing of MP3 files to demo the equipment. CD's were available, he just choose to take the simplest route (and in turn lose the sale).

Unregistered guest
One of my all time pet peeves: lazy or un-informed salespeople. Way too many of them out there. Many don't know the difference between one global feedback loop and nested, multiple negative feedback loops. Many don't know about system synergy. Many don't know about speaker/amplifier potential problems. Many cannot explain how to properly assemble a hi fi system. Is it any wonder why there is so much confusion in retail audio? On the other hand, anyone thats been involved in audio any length of time knows the vast amount of information and miss-information to be processed and weeded thru. I sold high end audio for 10 years and when I wasn't with a customer, my head was burried in audio articles/books/magazines. I spent countless hours talking with service technicians and manufacturers about design theory, etc. Thats how you learn in this business. My advice is when you find a salesperson that knows his product AND other products.....give him/her respect and trust. Believe me, they are few and far between nowdays.

Anonymous

sapphire is a "limited distribution speaker" introduced by tweeter to hit a margin "home run"
they're fighting to keep their 37% profit margin in a business dominated by 20% margin merchants.
Tweeter has historically boasted about their sky high porofit margins!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us