Sony STR-D311 question

Username: Cara1980

Post Number: 1
Hi all,
My father purchased me a sony str-d311 receiver 12 years ago as a present. The thing has blown 3 times already and costs $100 to be fixed each time. Well it blew 3 years ago and i never had it fixed. I was wondering if someone might could tell me what part blew in case i might can fix it myself. I was listening to the radio and the music stopped. The unit was still on and you could see the panel lights but no sound was soming out. I used to think it could have been b/c of crossing the speaker wires, but now im not so sure i did that. I understand these receivers have a history of blowing due to getting too hot. If anyone has any information on what could be wrong and how to replace it i would really appreciate it. The received really isnt worth paying that much to get it fixed again but it has alot of sentimental value. Thanks.

RDC
Unregistered guest
If you know how to use the soldering iron replacing the bad parts isn't to big a feat. If it's been to the repair shop 3 times before, you'll be able to see where they were in there messing around.

The outputs are most likely shot, should be replaced as pairs Q712, Q762(2SB1588) Q713, Q763(2SD2439)

Also the preamp transistors Q705, Q755, (2SA1221) Q707, Q766 (2SC2958)

and the Bias transistors that are inbetween the outputs Q706, Q756 (2SD2012)

Look around for burnt or discolored resistors that's an easy way to tell they may be out of tolerance and need to be replaced, of course a good Multi-Meter is the best way to tell.

Some in particular to look at are R713, 716, 717, 718, 745, 749, 763, 766, 767, 768

The outputs will run you around $3 to $8 each, depending on where you find them, so it's a good idea to make sure you have ALL the bad parts replaced before firing the reciever back up and possible taking them out all over again.

RDC
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us