Help with a kenwood vr-6050 no coaxial dectection

Steve W
I recently bought this amplifier, and has worked beautifully until now, I have to 2 coaxial inputs, one on cd/dvd and one on video 2. When I bought it, it worked on both coaxial connections, now only the video 2 coax will work. Both connection were working perfectly less than a week ago. cd/dvd is on full auto as is video 2 and when I try to put it on manual digital detection all it gives me for choice on cd/dvd is optical, but yes both coaxial devices work and detect perfectly on video 2, any help on how to resolve this, is there a way to give the receiver a soft reboot, and possibly fix the settings, if that would be possibility to fix the problem. I have unplugged the power from the unit overnight and it saves all the settings so im guessing there is an eprom for the settings. please any help.

Did you try twisting the RCA jacks for the digital cable? Sometimes a little corrosion will prevent a good contact, and just twisting them back and forth a few times will start them working again.

Greg
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us