Speakers for NAD 370 Integrated Amp

Anonymous

I just picked up this NAD Amp, but don't like how it sounds with my Paradigm Monitor 7 speakers. They come off as too bright, although the bass and midrange sound pretty good. Can anyone recommend a pair of good bookshelf speakers, first in the $500.00 and under range, and then second in the $500.00 to $1,000.00 range? I'm looking for smoother highs, great mids, and decent (not boomy) bass. This will be strictly for audio listening, with no subwoofer added.

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Bumblebee

Post Number: 36
Acoustic Energy Evo 1

Username: Angello

Post Number: 6
with kef or b&w nad is good partner

Anonymous

Where can you buy AE EVO 1's? Internet Direct?

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1158
The Epos els 3 $329,Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 $350,Usher HTS 520 $400 to 450 depending on the finish,Alegria Audio Lings $349,Alegria Audio Emma $599,Odyssey Epiphony $595,Epos M5 $650,Epos els 303,Epos M12.2 $895,Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 $800,Wharfedale Diamond 9.5,Quad 12l $1000,B&W 602 s3,B&W 603 S3,Wharfedale Diamond 9.6,Paradigm Refference Studio 20 $900,Ohm Micro Tall $1000,Vandersteen 1c $785,Magnapan MMG $550,Paradigm Monitor 5,PSB B25 $450,PSB T45 $700,PSB T55 $800,Wharfedale Evo 30 $1000,Paradigm Mini Monitors $350,Kef Qi 1,$450,Kef Qi 5,$700,Amphion Helium 2 $1000 in black only $1300 in other colors,Infinity Primus 150 $ 200,Paradigm Atom $189,PSB Alpha Av $249,Cambridge Audio Model 6 $149,Infinty Primus 360 $660,B&W 303 $299,Totem Dreamcatcher $450,Totem Rainmaker $900,Era 1 $600,Era 2 $900,Onix Rocket 550 $1000,Onix Rocket 250 $699,Montor Audio Bronze 2 $349,Monitor Audio Bronze 4 $600,Phase Technology Teatro 7.5 $650

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 251
Did you miss anything TA?
haha...well done

Silver Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 612
Aria $850/pr.
http://www.us.alegriaaudio.com/Aria.htm

Silver Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 613
Oops, sorry. Overlooked the bookshelf requirement.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1161
Yeah Nuck I missed about 10 I couldnt remember their prices off the top of my head,oh well I tried thats plenty of choices,and I to over looked the bookshelf requirement.Well most of those are bookshelfs so good luck.

Anonymous

So Tawaun, you've actually heard all of the speakers you listed with the NAD 370? What makes them such good matches? How about narrowing it down to just five for me.
Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
I doubt it that he had heard all of the speakers with NAD.

There are much speakers on his list. he can't narrow to you the best.
It depent's what sound do you prefer.

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 735
anon -
You may want to look into PSB. They have a great and long standing synergy with NAD. The best bet is to listen to as many speakers as you can.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1198
The PSB will work very well with Nad they are distributed by the same company in the States and Canada.No I havent heard all of them with Nad,but I've heard a lot,one thing I know about Nad they are probably the most user friendly amps and cd players on the market.One thing I know the PSBs, and Wharfedales work really well with them,the Epos els 3s,worked pretty good with them but not perfect.Take your amp to the stores with you and mate them with the speakers you really want, narrow down your list,and then come up with a decision,you break it down to your favorites,and let the amp break it down to the winner.

Anonymous

Thanks for everyone's input. I hope to audition some of the one's mentioned above in the next few weeks, along with the Rega R1's.

http://www.rega.co.uk/index2.htm

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 584
I can vouch for Tawaun by saying that NAD works really well with PSB and Wharfedale and EPOS as I own them all for this reason!

I did own AXIOM at one point and others that were too bright with NAD so beware! However the best I have had was JMLab and NAD........incredible but expensive, even though they are worth it! Probably my next choice.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Anon can't wait...

Anonymous

In addition to speakers, I may pick up a new CD player to go with the NAD amp. If I keep my budget below 500-600 dollars, can anyone recommend a suitable match? Would Cambridge or NAD be the way to go? Any others?

Username: Musicluvr

Post Number: 6
Anon,

The natural choice with a NAD C370 amp would be the NAD C542. I have a C372 amp and I really like the combo.

Bronze Member
Username: Fps_dean

Williamstown, MA USA

Post Number: 93
I went to the closest NAD dealer and heard a C372 through some Paradigm Studio 40s. It really sounded good. Try them.

I'll let you know how they sound through Infinity Beta 50s if my mother goes for a NAD. She did not want to spend that much, but after hearing my Mcintosh she wanted to buy one of those and those are more expensive (and older so maybe even more expensive!).

Terrell Owens
Unregistered guest
Danman: So the Axioms would be too bright with this amp? How about the Ascend 170s, too bright for NAD also?

anonyone
Unregistered guest
So what are some of the other takes on the EPOS ELS-3s with the NAD? Would they be suitable for a wide variety of music? Thanks

original poster
Unregistered guest
Original poster here. Would either the Ascend CBM-170's or the CMT-340m's go well with my NAD amp? I've never heard them, but the 30-day trial and reviews sound pretty good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us