NEwbie help, Floorstanders for a 240sq foot room.

Username: Betz698

Staten Island, New York United States

Post Number: 1
i was looking at the JBL Northridge e90s, good deals at www.bhphotovideo.com . I went to my local BB (only place for electronics in my area, drove everyone else out of business) they had Northridge, Klipsch Synergy Series, and some Yamaha, only problem is the control panels to listen to the speakers were not working in the room for some reason. Any good deals better sound quality with online only speaker companies?

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 2810
Athena AS-F2.2s from audioadvisor.com, $400 shipped.

Silver Member
Username: Twebbz

Ann Arbor, Michigan USA

Post Number: 268
I have the first series Athena AS-F2s and drive them with a NAD C370 @ 120wpc integrated amp. The sound is crisply detailed and presented with depth and authority. Bass is tight. The construction is superb. They are efficient so there would be no problem in a large room. They love to be driven hard with Rock yet can sing sweetly with Easy Listening and Classical too.

They get little respect on this forum though because of their ultra low price and association with Best Buy.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 2819
> They get little respect on this forum though because of their ultra low price and association with Best Buy.

Yes, this is unfortunately true on a great many audio forums because much of the audio industry and the subculture it creates for its own profit is built on a fair amount of snobbery and voodoo/mysticism. The manufacturers pocket fatter margins in exchange for massaging their customers' egoes.

anonymous#1,073
Unregistered guest
Rick, I have the Athena F2.2's with B1's as surrounds and the C1.2 center running from an H/K avr 330. It's a pretty damn sweet setup for under a grand. Athena's don't get much respect here, but I've been to other a/v forums where they get alot of praise.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us