Looking for Receiver for my Monitors

Username: Danyd

Post Number: 9
Can anyone help me in selecting a receiver in the 500 to 800 range, to listen to jazz and classical. I want clean and crystal audio, dont care much for loudness. Excuse my ignorance, but your help would be appreciate it.

Post Number: 10
The speakers are monitor GR60 Gold Reference by Moitor Audio. I have a Yamaha that is about 10 years old, and these speakers I think are not being provided they quality they deserve. (I think), please help. What do you guys think about the Sony 3100, any good?

Bronze Member
Username: Fps_dean

Williamstown, MA USA

Post Number: 49
I just bought a 70s Mcintosh 1900. I should have it in about a week, so I will let you know what I think of that. You can get them in the price range :-)

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2142
Stereo = Rotel RX1052
Multichannel = Harman Kardon AVR 340

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
DO you guys recommend the Sony 7100, I just dont know if the audio quality is any good. I like the HDMI capabilities casue I have the TOSH65, which is HDMI also. I just dont want to sacrifice the audio quality for the HDMI, or is it worth the HDMI invesment? Thanks agfain for your hellp!!

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 724
If you just listen in stereo to your two Monitor Audio GR60's (which perform best at amps from 200 watts/channel and up, otherwise you will have to live with more clipping and distortion, which considering the receiver you have owned you have gotten used to, unless you listen at rather low volumes most of the time. But even symphonic music has loud transients that clip the amp causing distortion and at worst blow tweeters.

Budget and what you feel you must have or just want to have is the ultimate criteria. Without a doubt your GR60's are the ace of your system.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 414
For pete's sake stay away from Sony

Bronze Member
Username: Salrmrcrey

CA USA

Post Number: 11
I am not sure if they are in your budget, but my monitors sound SSSOOOOOO good with my Integra. Also, I know that the Pioneer Elite's are also a very good match.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us