Nothing Left But Receiver & DVD

Username: Gbtn

Post Number: 1
I'm just finishing media room over garage. Been researching all components and speakers for a 7.1 system. To date bought following

Mits 1080p 62" WD 62628
Klipsch RF 25 (Fronts)
Klipsch RC 25 (Center)
Klipsch RW 12 (Sub)
Klipsch RCR 5 (In Ceiling side and rear Surrounds due to area limitations... no room for anything other that built-ins)
Transparent PowerBank 6 (Surge and Conditioner)

Trying to narrow down Receiver & DVD. Have about $1000 to $1500 left in budget. Considering Denon 2106 (No HDMI) or Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV (HDMI & THX Select2). Need some opinions on these or comparables in other Brands I may be missing. DVD selection will hinge on receiver due to potential HDMI connection. Been told by several that Yamaha receiver paired with my Klipsch may be too bright and unable to tone down... Also considering Transparent component cables if not selecting HDMI receiver

Thanks in advance for any advice and help. Won't hurt feelings if you think any items already bought may have been better spent on other products...just want to hear what you think..especially on the Transparent Conditioner ($400)and potential Transparent cables (around $200 each for 2m)

Spent to date... $5,630 w/o tax ... Total Budget $7,000 to $7,200

Thanks
Greg

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2125
HK receiver should be a good match for your gear. The RX-V 2600 by Yamaha would probably be fine but the upper end of the HK line (AVR 435) should be a match made in heaven.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us