WQuestion for Tawaun A.Williams

Bronze Member
Username: Eieiei0101x

Post Number: 70
What bookshelf speakers woyuld beyour fisrt choice for a NAD L40? Consider it is only 20W and only 8 Ohms

Thanks a lot

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1138
Triangle Titus they are 91 or 92 dbs that should get you pretty good levels of volume without taxing the amp to much,and with their more up front sound should make a good mixture with Nads warmth.

Bronze Member
Username: Eieiei0101x

Post Number: 71
Thanks a lot

In the $450 USD or less what wouldyou choose?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1143
The Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s their specs are misleading they are increadibly easy to drive,and they are better than a lot of more costly designs,they have a stunning midrange.If you can swing $650 the Epos M5 is the best buy out here in this pricerange,through AV AudioWaves you can get them for for like $560 with free shipping their website is www.audishopper.com/AudioWaves.you can get the 9.1s thru www.audioadvisor.com for $350,but if you call Wharfedale you shold be able to find more dealers and get them a bit cheaper.Another option is our own speaker designer Tim,the site is at www.alegriaaudio.com check out the excellent Lings that myself and a and a few others on this forum gave reviews on them,and also check out the new Emma for $599 it looks to be a step over the Lings and it offers floorstander bass and a ribbon tweeter,and from Epos again you might want to check out the els 3 for $329 a pair and you can get it cheaper from AudioWaves as well so good luck!

Bronze Member
Username: Raj_p

Evanston, IL USA

Post Number: 14
I say save up for the Emmas! They're excellent.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1144
Good choice, stll go listen to the others and take your Nad,just atleast so you can find out your amps capabilities,you may have to go amp shopping if its not enough power because if it wont drive any of the other speakers I listed it, certainly wont drive the Emmas.

Bronze Member
Username: Raks

Post Number: 90
Tawaun,

Between Tim Lings, EPOS M5 and Tim Emma...which is the better speaker for Music ?

Raks

ererererererer
Unregistered guest
Thanks a lot

What would be a better choice the Diamond 8.2 or the 9.1? I can get the 8.2 at 290 usd

Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us