Autition: EPOS ELS-3s, TOTEM Dreamcatcher & The Mite

Silver Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 175
Ok, I've been auditioning speakers for the last week or two around NYC. I just came home from IN LIVING STEREO www.inlivingstereo.com where I listened to the EPOS ELS-3s for the first time. I was very impressed. Any criticisms of the bass on the ELS-3s are unfounded for a speaker this size & price. It is superb. However, I listed to the ELS-3s side by side with the TOTEM Dreamcatcher & The Mite, which makes this matter a whole bunch more confusing.

The Dreamcatchers were very sweet, even better than the ELS-3's in my opinion, more transparent & tighter up & down, plus reel wood veneer vs. vinyl. The extra few bucks for the Dreamcathers is not money wasted.

Then came The Mites, all I can say is WOW! If the Dreamcatchers can be described as transparent, then The Mites are virtually invisible, you are there! They are quite a bit more expensive ($700+ vs. about $300. for the ELS-3s & $450 for the Dreamcatchers), but they are clearly better.

I'd love to audition the PARADIGM Studio 20s against the TOTEM The Mites.

urururururururru
Unregistered guest
I am a Totem fan as well and for me the DC are the best in its range

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 184
So far, I'd have to agree.

ohohohohohohohohohohohohoho
Unregistered guest
Have u compared the Mites vs any B&W 600 series ?

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 187
I have not been able to AUDITION (not autition???what was I thinking...hum?) the Mites against the B&Ws.

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1129
Ive owned the els 3 and the Dreamcatchers both are great,I actually chose the DCs over the Mites they were a lot more lively with better dynamics and the price was not a issue in my decision.I had both speakers along with my Diamond 8.1s at the same time,and the els 3 had the more natural upperbass and midbass the DCs went a touch lower.The Epos were the more accurate speaker and I was a Totem dealer so i had them around me all the time.The way the Epos timing and rythum were compared to the DCs put them in a another league,their powers with percusion and piano are as good as speakers cocsting considerably more the Mite isnt that impressive not many Totem dealers stock them.

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1130
The Epos M5 will handily destroy anything in this pricerange at $650 a pair I had a chance to compare my Odyssey Epiphonys to them and to my suprise they handilly outplayed them eveywhere and equalled them in soundstaging and imaging,they will be in my possesion this week as the beginning of part of a new Creek setup im gonna be working on.Infact they are now the second best monitor I've heard only the Dynaudio Confidence C1 can best them,but they cost $6500 and are the best speaker I've ever heard.With the M12.2 and the M5 is a tossup I like the M5s imediacy and timing a little better others may find the M12.2s extra warmth better with still incredible timing and rythum for them but those 2 are monstrous performers,I will be glad to get a speaker with such legacy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us