Do you know Axiom?

A ?
Unregistered guest
Help me, help me. Im looking for the best sounding bookshelf speakers ( or small floor speakers ) that has ( I know this is outrageous ) the best bass. Is Axiom M22TI a speaker to look at or does anyone have a suggestion for me? I am tring to stay between $800 - $1000. The receiver I am using is a Pioneer 914 (110 watts per).

Anonymous

I don't know how much bass the Axiom has, but they make respectable speakers. My suggestion would be to take a look at the thread "Emma is finally coming". It definately has the makings of a superior loudspeaker (with plenty of bass if that is what you are into), and its little brother (or sister??) the Ling has been favorably reviewed by a number of the users here.

Silver Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 577
http://us.alegriaaudio.com/news.htm

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 385
I have 3 M3ti bookshelves. They do have good bass, but I also have an HSU STF-3. I am very happy with the combination.

A ?
Unregistered guest
Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 64
Try the Ascend Acoustics 170 with a Hsu STF-1 or STF-2 sub. That would be in your price range and significantly better than the Axioms.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4176
The choice between Axioms and Ascends are a matter of choice. The claim that one is "significantly" better than the other is only a matter of your preference.

Bronze Member
Username: Rysa4

Post Number: 65
Yep. Berny has it right. I'll share with you what I believe the main difference is; tweeter c0nstruction-- one soft and one hard so to speak. You have to know whether, in general, you like a soft dome tweetr type sound or a metal dome tweeter type sound- there's quite a row on this issue on other forums and I'll stop right here on this.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
Have either of you listened to both in the same room on the same equipment? I have. The Axioms lose control over the top of the highs and don't come close to the Ascend 170's mids or separation of detail.

Silver Member
Username: Twebbz

Ann Arbor, Michigan USA

Post Number: 264
I tried the Axiom M50ti floorstanders and sent them back. There was coloration in the midrange from the aluminum bass-midrange drivers. Don't know what their bookshelf speaker are like though.

The Paradigm Monitor 5 is worth a listen. Just make sure they don't position them in the middle of a large room. It has a rear bass port that needs to work with the wall. AND the stands should not be excessively tall.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
I've heard the M-60s and had the same thought on the mids. The M-22 did not do that. If I was to buy Axiom I'd take the M-22 and a good sub over the M-60.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4178
Yes Quinn, I have heard the both the Axiom line and the Ascends. I liked them both.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
Again my question was, have you listened to both in the same room on the same front end?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4179
Yes I did. But of what relevance is that? You like the Ascends, right? That is well and good. I did not find fault on any of them and that is just me.

The point is, you have to let the individual decide on their own by having them listen. Maybe they will hear the same roll offs, or loss of control as you put it, and maybe they won't. But just because you found fault in them does not mean it will apply to everybody.

Everybody is different and to each their own preferences.

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 193
Axiom will give you a tour of their facilities north of Toronto. I have called and they love company to show off. I havnt taken the tour yet, but the offer stands for me.

Why not?

Silver Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 591
That would be a lot of fun!

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 195
Tim, I think Helen and I will take the tour soon as we can get a Friday off together.
I will be certain to ask permission to post my review here, so lemme see that calender...hmmmm

Gold Member

Post Number: 4185
Ask if you could also take pictures. I would love to go on that tour! Have fun!
I am so jealous:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us