Infinity Beta C250 with Mirage??????

Username: Tobias

Post Number: 4
Guys I need some help fast! I ordered a Mirage Omni CC-1 center channel speaker and FedEx never delivered it so Vanns offered to send another one but they are permanently out of stock. They recommended the Infinity BETA C250 as a replacement. What I need to know is this: is this a quality speaker and just as important - will it match with these components:

YAMAHA RX-V657 Receiver
MIRAGE Omnisat Micro Surrounds
MIRAGE Omni S8 Subwoofer

They will ship out the Infinity BETA tomorrow if they don't hear from me to cancel it, so speedy replies from the audiophiles are needed and will be appreciated. If you recommend a different center channel, please let me know. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 2710
If all your Mirage gear is coming from Vann's I would cancel the subwoofer and the surrounds.

Instead I'd get Infinity Beta 10 speakers because they'll be timbre matched to the Beta c250 center, and (if budget is a big factor) a Dayton 12" subwoofer from partsexpress.com ($145 shipped) which will be far better than the Mirage 8" sub especially for HT.

You most definitely need the FRONT THREE speakers to be timbre matched (same make and if possible, same model), the surrounds don't *have* to though many people prefer them that way. But the front 3 do 90% of the work so you definitely need them to be timbre matched.

If budget is not a factor then I'd get the Hsu STF-2 ($425 shipped) from hsuresearch.com for the sub instead of the Dayton.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2063
Don't get the Dayton sub it's junk. Eddie is right about the center though, cancel the Beta order. I don't see what your mains are but what I can say is that I hope all of your speakers are efficient as the Yammie don't have much of a power supply. Within it's limitations it does sound very nice though.

"But the front 3 do 90% of the work so you definitely need them to be timbre matched."

This not an accurate statement but instead reflects Edster's movie preferences and not movies themselves. You are doing the right thing by trying to keep all of your speakers timbre matched (fronts, center, and rears).

Although I wouldn't suggest buying a Dayton sub I do believe Edster is right about finding a better sub than the Mirage. The Outlaw LFM 2 at 299.00 may be a good option. It also has an 8 inch driver but I'm sure it would outperform the Mirage.

Good luck.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 2712
Don,

if you're willing to stay with an 8-inch small sub Hsu also makes one, the STF-1 which is also $300.

The Outlaw subs are good too.

Art *might* be right on the % of work done by surrounds...instead of 10% as I estimate, on a few current-day blockbuster flicks it might be as much as (gasp!) >>> 20% <<<! LOL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us