Tannoy Sensys DC1-12L- 602's

Username: Elio

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone,

new to the forum, and actually this is my first post, but i am watching the posts for two months....

i have decided to enter the world of hi fi and i am searching for good monitor speakers....

at first i was between ROTEL and NAD but i a recently bought NAD gear....

i have a C352 NAD amp and the 542 player and i am considering either the DC1 which i ve heard the 12L from quad and the 602s3 from B&W.

the DC1's for my ears at least, sounded very accurate and quite musical. while i founded them balanced especially in bass and treble.... the quads were more accurate and much more detailed especially in fusion (Di meola- Kiss my Axe) but lacked a lot in the bass sector as fas as i am concerned. During the week i will audition the 602's...

My room is at least 14sq ft and its quite cold musically and i am listening to fusion/jazz/rock...

any opinions would be more than helpfull,

thanks in advance

elio

Post Number: 2
anyone.........??????

your help is most valuable, especially for new guys like me....

thanks

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2038
Try JM Focal Lab, Paradigm, PSB, Energy, and Cabasse speakers in the same price range. You are likely to find something that works for you.

angalths
Unregistered guest
Hi. I have had 602s3 for a couple years now and thought I would comment. I auditioned the 602's against the Paradigm Studio 20 and found them more laid back and environmental than the studio 20's. This is what I wanted, I listen to more electronic music, with a little bit of jazzy electronic music and some alternative. The studio 20's actually seemed like they could be a bit better with rock... very front and center with the vocals to me (but I only auditioned them, could have been the room!). I do not find the 602's to be harsh in the treble, which is good. The bass extension is great on them.

I also have a Wharfdale Diamond 9.1 set and find the diamond bass very weak/non existant (5.25" bass driver instead of 7" driver tho).

Sorry I can't give a direct comparison to the ones you have listed. I definately recommend auditioning the 602's before you make your purchase.

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 682
I agree with Art and somwhat with angalaths. To me NAD sounds best with PSB and/or Paradigms. I like PSB's slightly more than Paradigms, but their are others - such as Art - who feel the opposite is true.
I don't agree with angalth's assessment of the Paradigms though. I found them very good for rock music, but like he/she said, the room could have played a factor in it.

I haven't heard the DC1 or the Quads, but I have heard the B&W's on many occasions. They are good speakers, but I found them a little too laid back for my tastes and music. Many have said the same thing. You should however audition them and decide for yourself.

My personal favories with my NAD gear are PSB and Paradigm. Had I not bought the PSB's, I'd have definately bought the Paradigms without hesitation.

Post Number: 3
guys thank very much for your insights.....

i just came from a dealer here in athens and my a chance i listened and then i auditioned the mission m53s a klipsch speaker and also the 603's. i know they are all floorstanders but finally i founded the sound i was looking for.....

initially i was considering monitor speakers but i changed my mind and the room i am puting the speakers in (he he he)....

from all those speakers i rave about the tannoy detail, and the even spectrum performance of the missions.... the klipsch was a great rock speaker but with not much detail....the 603 almost excellent but the treble were too metallic for my ears while i founded the missions very musically.....i used coltrane's giant steps cd and the first cd from govt Mule....

bare in mind that i auditioned the speakers with a marantz 600 ose dc and the 7200 amp.....

do you think that the NAD-mission combo would be a good combination????

cheers for all the replies....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us