Having some troubles with onkyo 702 in movies.. help please

Username: Fatality

Post Number: 5
Just connected the onkyo 702 to my ae evo1 / evo compact and center speakers.
As you know, the receiver is 7.1. My system is 5.1.

In music and live shows, the sound is amazing, never been better. however in movies the sound is great too but im having some troubles with my suround speakers.

While watching movies, the sound of the surround speakers is blened with the sound of the front.
In my old receiver (yamaha 620) the action from the rear speaker was more alive and noticeable than the sound in the onkyo it's like the sound of Dolby Prologic 2.

I read the manual and my setup was all good, i put "surround right/left" on small, and the "surrond back right/left" option was gone (for 7.1) how it suppose to be.

dows anyone know what's the problem? cause when i heared the onkyo on the store, it sounded perfect with movies.

Anonymous

What movie are you watching? Some movies are not in 5.1 DD or dts. You also need to make sure that you choose the 5.1 soundtrack on the dvd menu before you start the movie if the movie has the 5.1 soundtrack. If you are watching a movie that doesn't have the 5.1 soundtrack then you use the PLII feature.

<><

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 705
A very common oversight is not turning Dolby Digital and DTS "on" in the DVD player's menus.

If there is an option between PCM and bittstream choose bittstream.

Username: Fatality

Post Number: 6
The movie im watching is the same movie that i watched with the yamaha.
operacion swordfish. it's DD and while the movie ran. the receiver marked it as DD.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us