Need help on speakers matching ARCAM AVR300

Username: Mrbig

New York, Ny Usa

Post Number: 2
I have an Arcam AVR300 receiver and am looking for a good set of floor standing speakers. I am willing to spend up to $5,000 for the pair.

Does anyone have any good recommendations on which speakers to buy? I have listend to B&W 803's and the Sonus Faber Auditor which I booth liked.

Please help!

jqc123
Unregistered guest
As usual, it depends on the sound you like. I have the AVR300 paired with Thiel CS 1.6 floorstanders, and I am extremely happy. I use the system mostly for music. The Thiels are unbelievably detailed in the mids and highs, which I enjoy. They do not have thunderous bass. If you want more bass, you could pair them with the Thiel SS1 sub and that would be very close to your $5000 budget.

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 954
Here's a few:

Dynaudio's new Focus 220 is an absolute cracker. Very good fidelity indeed allied to an engaging, involving presentation. In the UK they retail for £2000 (about $3600). The only limitation is that they are single wired so you would not be able to biamp them with your AVR300.

Totem Forests or, only if biamping, Totem Mani-2s (these are fantastic standmounts). Both these speakers can be biamped which will help drive significantly. Totems make a big wide soundstage from relatively small boxes. Not sure what the retail prices would be in your part of the world since they're Canadian.

Naim Allaes are fast engaging speakers. They are designed to work close to a rear wall, and throw up a big wide soundstage from a relatively small enclosure. Easy to drive, so it doesn't matter that they're single wired. Retail here for £2200 ($4000).

Regards,
Frank.

Username: Mrbig

New York, Ny Usa

Post Number: 3
Thanks that is great info. How would you compare them to the B&W 803-s?

Regards,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us