Sattelite/Sub system for Pioneer VSX 55txi

Username: Stan_u

Garden Valley, CA USA

Post Number: 2
My room is 20x23x10. I will be listening to music (60%)HT (40%)My budget is about $1500.

Wife says no speakers on the floor. On the shelf or the wall is ok. Thank you folks

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 379
I would not buy a satellite systm for that size room, most are pretty bad anyway. Instead try some of the better, though not too big bookshelvs and pair them with a good subwoofer such as the HSU STF-2. You should be able to get with in your price range with a number of different brands.

If you are able to try out Paradigms or M&K, see how you like those. Otherwise you may want to try some of the internet only companies such as Axiom, Ascend acoustics or Apeprion. They all have a 30 day money back guarantee. I recently hear Monitor Audio R90 which were very beautiful speakers of small size that sounded very good too.

Bronze Member
Username: Mark_mcintosh

Gastonia, NC USA

Post Number: 26
My room is 24 X 21 X 8 and I have an Orb Audio Mod2 system that works great. My front speakers are on the shelves in my entertainment center and the rear surrounds are mounted on the wall. I had Kef floor speakers before, but I am very pleased with my Orbs.

FloridaSun
Unregistered guest
My room is 24 x 20 x 9 and I have the Mod2 from Orb in the front and Mod1 in the rear. Works great. No complaints about output at all. In fact, I love them. They have a full sound and they solved lots of problems w/ the wife.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 381
As I said most satellites are bad, the Orb is seemingly the exception based on a lot of reviews and not just those stated here.

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 712
Mirage Omnisats and Nanosats are extemely good in a compact size as well.

They differ from the Orb speakers in that they use diffuse firing speakers compared to direct firing.

If you are able to get larger bookshelves Paradigm Studio series are excellent for music. As well I love the Polk Lsi series. The Polk Lsi9 offers significant performance in a bookshelf speaker.

Username: Stan_u

Garden Valley, CA USA

Post Number: 4
Thank you guys. I'm going to test listen the brands you stated above. You all have been very helpful
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us