Yamaha HTR-5730 just stopped working

Username: Stalker23

Post Number: 1
i was playing a video game, and all the sudden the reciever went off. I went to turn it back on, and it turned on, but then like 3 seconds later it turned off. It did this every other time i tried to turn it back on. I troubleshooted the way the manual told me to. I even took every connection out to be sure of no crisscrossed wires.

Anyone know why it does this? Is it going to be broken forever, meaning i shouldnt waste my time trying to fix it. if i wasnt specific enough, tell me what you need to know. im no electronics expert like i no wmany of you are

thanks

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6148

There's no way to tell you what is wrong with your receiver from what you can tell us over the internet. It will require a technician's estimate to get a clear idea of why the unit is not functioning properly. Most shops will give an estimate for a reasonable amount of money and then apply that amount to the repair if you decide to go ahead. That's about the best advice I can give.

Username: Stalker23

Post Number: 3
yea thats great. thanks

about how much would an estimate cost to get? its not a very expensive reciever....would it be worth it (maybe a $100 reciever)

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6155

Most shops have set fees for an estimate on various sorts of equipment. Usually for a receiver the cost should be around $40.

Before you take it to the shop, unplug it from the AC outlet for about 30 minutes and then try the receiver again.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us