Denon 3805 / onkyo 703 / marantz 7500 which one?

Username: Fatality

Post Number: 1
I'm starting to build my HT sytem and i'm starting on from the receiver.

I heared many speakers with each of the receivers written above, and they all sound the same for me. so i wanted to start from it because it doesnt make any big diffrence.

I'm going to use this receiver only for movies. not music.

What do you think i should buy? i dont care about the price, just want the best - from features and preformence in movies (5.1)

Post Number: 2
sorry guys, ment to the onkyo 702

Silver Member
Username: Riches1

Atlanta, GA US

Post Number: 184
I currently own the 3805. I think it is a great receiver, and so does just about every professional that has written a reivew on it. However, if you are just going to use your reciever for movies, then the 703 might not be a bad choice either. I think the the 703 is THX Select certfied. I personally don't think that THX certification means a whole lot, but it mean a little something. I had the 701 and thought it was a decent reciever, especially for movies. From what I read, even on Marantz's website, their recievers are geared toward music first, so the Marantz may not be the best match for your situation. A lot depends on the speakers that you are going to use as well. What speaekers do you like?

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 655
If they all sound the same to you, why not go with the cheapest one that has the features that you want/need? Why pay more money for something that isn't any different than a cheaper one?

Post Number: 3
As i said, i don't care about the money. I just want the best receiver...

And i ment the onkyo 702, not the 703.
That's the thing, all combinations sound good to me, so i dont care which speakers im going to use. Anyway, i understood that the speaker do 60% of the sound. So if all the receiver sounded the same to it doesntt really matter.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 366
If money is no problem go with the Marantz 8500. However you have to listen to them to see what you like. Not all receivers sound alike, but spending money on better speakers and a good subwoofer will probably be a better value.

Post Number: 4
just bought today the onkyo 702. 10x for your help guys :-)

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 657
if money is no problem, look into this instead -

http://www.harveyonline.com/products/details.asp?sku=1625&auth=KIKRX&r=0&categor y%5Fid=4&subcategory%5Fid=49908&page=1&order%5Fby=a%2Emfgr%2C+a%2Emodel%2C+a%2Et itle&mscssid=P77SQXGBRC139KSTG6K9QWHA343HB2MF

Best A/V receiver I've ever seen or heard.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us