Problems with Marantz SR4500

Anonymous

Has anyone had problems with the Marantz SR4500 receiver going into PROTECT mode? I purchased one and it goes into protect mode every 4-5 minutes when using a digital (optical) input from a DVD player (with either PCM or Dolby digital input). I am driving a pair of Linn Index Speakers (6 ohm minimum impedence). My NAD C320BEE integrated amp drives the speakers with no problems. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Bronze Member
Username: Rsxman

Post Number: 86
Did you check the polarity of the wires? That is often the cause of protect mode in most mainstream receivers.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6077

You haven't given much information to go on. Is it possible the Marantz just doesn't care for the volume level you prefer? If that is not the case, proceed as follows:

Disconnect the speakers and inputs from the receiver and find out if the unit continues to shut down with no load on its outputs. If the unit operates with no problems at this point, connect one speaker only and check for problems. Add the other speaker. Check for problems. If none occur add one component input at a time until the unit either shuts down or you have solved the problem. Hopefully this is just a connection problem.

Anonymous

It was a polarity issue with the right channel. It now works fine and was a good purchase for $275.00. Thank you for the advice Eric.

Kera
Unregistered guest
Could you please let me know where did you buy it for $275?
Thanks
Kera
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us