Cant decide... Onkyo TX-NR900 or Denon AVR-3803

Anonymous
I'm leaning more on the TX-NR900 because it does it all and the quality is not bad but i'm hearing a lot of good things about the AVR-3803. For those Audio enthusiast can you help me decide.

Phil Krewer
I have a 3803 and love it. To my knowledge the only difference between the SR800 and the NR900 is the net tune (which requires another 500 in purchases) and the RS-232 port. For me the Denon had superior components. 16 burr/brown DACs and burr/brown AD converters on all analog inputs. Plus is has the same video switching as the 5803 and can up regulate any video input to component. The sound was more musical and noticably more detailed and the bass was noticably tighter. The main difference was in music and IMO was no contest. I had a DS797 which was the forerunner to the SR800 and I heard details from the Denon that I had never heard before. Plus you get 10 extra watts per channel. The widescreen DSP on the Denon IMO is superior to both PLII and NEO6. This is all IMO of course. Another receiver you might want to look at is the Integra 7.3. It is also built by Onkyo and has the net tune and a RS-232, but I believe is 100 cheaper.

Phil

Anonymous
Thanks Phil,Anybody else has some opinion or recommendations that can help me decide? Please post. Thank you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us