Paradigm speakers

Username: Rhuffman

Post Number: 1
can anyone tell me the diffences between studio 100's v2 and v3., and i am speaking in terms of performance etc.
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1916
The v3 is smoother and IMO more natural sounding. The v3 Reference Series speakers were considered by many folks to be just a bit bright. The v3 is more neutral and has better top to bottom coherence. I also believe that they image a little better. I have Studio 20 and 40v3's and used to have v2's. I hear Paradigm speakers frequently at home and at 2 of my favorite audio stores as well as my favorite music store.

Username: Rickshaw

Hartford, WI USA

Post Number: 10
How does the Paradigm speakers compare to the B&W speakers? I'm going to go with one or the other, but I need some help in this. B&W are a little more money,but are they worth it?

Rantz
Unregistered guest
How they compare is how YOUR ears let you know how they compare. Everyone is different - you are the only one who can decide what sounds best to you. My advice is to listen and compare as many brands/types as you can.

I have a Marantz SR-7300 and 4 X B&W 602S3's and an B&W LCR600S3, I use a 100wt Richter sub (Aus) and the whole combo TO ME, sounds absolutely wonderful for HT and especially music.

Good Luck.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1919
I chose Paradigm Reference over B&W 700 series and before that I chose Paradigm Monitor series (with a Marantz receiver at the time) over B&W 600 series. I like both brands a great deal and I really think it just comes down to personal preference. Rantz is righte you need to go and give them a listen for yourself and decide which sounds best to YOU.

Username: Blb

Post Number: 2
I to have been curious about Paradigm speakers, how do you think the refrence series would sound on a denon? warm...bright, and Art what are you using for a center channel? The CC-470?

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2003
Yes, I use the CC470 which is an excellent center. Paradigm and Denon work very well together. Denon receivers are fairly neutral, not warm or bright. I would get the best receiver you can afford the Studio's will reward you for it.

Username: Blb

Post Number: 3
Thank you for the reply Art. the wife and I shall setup a demo asap, wish us luck! :-)

Username: Allen

Post Number: 4
Paradigm and B&W are very good speakers specially for HT. For music I prefer Dynaudio.

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 253
paradigm are fantastic speakers, especially the reference series.

Silver Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 623
I love my Ascends for HT so far. BUT, I really wish i had the chance to A/B them against the Studio 40s and Studio 20s. (Yeah, we're talking a little apples and oranges on prices but it would have been worth the listen.)

Can't talk to the B & Ws because I havne't heard them.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 2634
yeah I wish you had taken the 170s with you on the road...might be worth another drive, whatcha think?

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2018
But Eddie didn't you just tell me that the only way to really compare gear is at home. After all that's why you encourage folks to buy the Panny and pretty much dismiss in store auditions like I did.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us