Problem with a Philips mini HiFi (FW-M567)

Username: Gor

Post Number: 1
Although I have bought some high end equipment I still feel the need to use my trusty Mini from Philips because of the ease of the 5 disk changer (in contrast to the single slot universal player), and mostly its USB link, which is too good a feature to get rid of...

Unfortunately, they havent included a "line out" output on the back of the system for it to be connected with my receiver (there are a couple of *sealed* slots on the back that serve this purpose on other models). Thus, I am forced to connect my mini with my Yamaha receiver through the headphones jack. This creates a very irritating hiss on higher volumes though, because obviously, this jack wasn't designed to feed an amplifier!

my question has two parts:

a.on the back of my mini hifi are the outs for its own speakers, that are unoccupied since i have connected the mini hifi to my receiver/amp using the headphones out.
these outs are the kind that accept 2 bare-end cables from each speaker, one of them being stryped. can i somehow connect my mini hifi with my receiver/amp through those connections, taking into account that the receiver has 2rca inputs for cd sources?

b.if i send this to an electronic (i don't care about the warranty), will he be able to add line out outputs on its amp or is it too complicated a task?

please help!

Username: Mark_of_cenla

Plaucheville, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2
A. No

B. Probably

Vios
Unregistered guest
B. Absolutely sure. It's so easy to do that
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts