Advice needed on speakers & subs

Unregistered guest
I have planned to buy RBH 61 SE as my main speakers (small room, 11.5X24X8). The speakers are 8ohm. I suspect I need a subw. RBH 12 SE seems a good choice, but I don't know its impedance (not listed). Alternate set up possibility: Infinity BETA 20 sp. with Infinity PS 10 sub. Can anyone kindly advise me? I'm in over my head.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 5993

Both of your choices are powered subs? If so, the impedance of the sub is not a concern as it will be driven by its own amplifier and not the main amp.

Unregistered guest
Thanks for the info. I've never owned a subw. I am using a NAD C372 integrated amp (2x 150w). Reading articles in this forum, I'm tempted by the Hsu STF1. Would this fit well with RBH 61SE speakers? (use:almost exclusively classical and jazz)

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 5994

Probably. The Hsu subs have erceived very good reviews. Take a look at this unit also. It is manufactured by a forum member. Looking at the parts quality in this sub, I would have very high expectations for this unit. It is a sealed enclosure which should give excellent results when used with music and a very satisfying low end for use with video sources. Drop Tim a line and discuss what you are looking for. He is very helpful.

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/board-profile.pl?action=view_profile&prof ile=timn8ter-users

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 5995

Sorry. Forgot to link to the sub.

http://www.us.alegriaaudio.com/Tom%20Subwoofer.htm

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 2459
Harold,

if your room is not a small one, it might be worth it to pay an extra $100 for the STF-2 especially if you do any HT on your system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us