Pioneer vsx-52tx adjustment

Bronze Member
Username: Rsxman

Post Number: 69
Hey,
Currently I'm adjusting my 52tx and I have run into a few grey areas.

This is what im confused in.

Where I can adjust the frequencies it says:

40hz: 0.0db
125hz: 0.0db
250hz: 0.0db
4khz: 0.0db
13khz: 0.0db
TRIM: 0.0db

I am using fluance SX-HTB+ speakers and I would like to know what would be the best adjustment in this area. The manual doesn't really explain all that much in this part.

it goes from -10.0db to +10.0 db in this category. Any help would be appreciated.

Eric

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 2379
Those are equalizer settings, different frequency bands with the 40hz being the lowest bass and the 13kHz being the highest.

The manual doesn't explain this because this depends on a combination of factors: room accoustics, source, personal taste, speaker placement, etc.

Just use your own ears, and come back and readjust it if you don't like the way something sounds.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
Yes that much I know, but its hard for me to judge because on some things it sounds great, but on the same settings, some other sources dont sound as good. It's strange. I was wondering if there was a medium I should set it to?

Is it pretty much trial and error?

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 2382
I once saw a pro installer setting up this guy's audio system and he used some sort of computer software with a microphone running off his laptop, to EQ the receiver & speakers to the room.

Worked wonders too, the system sounded amazing when he was done and it was just a Sony ES receiver with a pair of M&K inwalls and small sub in a 40x20 room with 15 foot vaulted ceilings.

So if you don't want to use trial and error, you might have to look around for some sort of software or kit like that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
........trial and error it is lol

thanks edster

Bronze Member
Username: Thunder18

Post Number: 33
Don't you have the microphone? The 52TX is capable of setting up all that stuff by itself. If you don't have the microphone, I belive it's only about $16 from Pioneer. It really makes setting up the receiver a lot easier.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
I tried that auto portion and it sounded very strange and unusual coming out of the speakers. I fiddled with it for a while and I got it to where it sounds nice and clear.

Username: Chrise

Post Number: 9
Eric,

I was very disappointed in the results after running the MCACC on my 54TX, both in equalization and individual speaker volume. I mean, some of these readings were way out of whack; my system sounded pretty bad. I think it had one of my surrounds like 5 db more than the other, and frequencies and volume of my mains way different from eachother and they are setting 6 feet apart.

I fiddled with it awhile but was never happy. I've currently got all mine set back to flat, tone and bass off, manually inputted dimensions, and adjusted the individual volume by ear. This seems to be the best for me.

Chris

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
Chris,

I did put everything back to flat db except for the trim, i put that at 6.0 db and so far it seems to be working out great for stereo. My complaint was geared towards the sound for 2 channel stereo, whereas the movie part sounded great.

Guess I cant have my cake and eat it too on this one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us