Kenwood VR-507 remote problems

Username: Deaner33

Brandon, MS USA

Post Number: 1
I am having problems with the remote control (RC-R0720) that came with the receiver. The remote almost never works with the receiver despite changing batteries. I also cleaned the front of the receiver with a damp rag (just the IR window part). The remote is able to control other components (my cable box, a Sony VCR, etc) with no problems. Any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 5955

If the remote doesn't operate the functions when placed within a foot of the component's ir receiver, I would take it back to the shop where you bought the receiver and check for operation with a known product. If the remote still doesn't operate the functions on a "good" receiver, the transmitter function is probably defective and will need to be replaced. Service shops have a device to test the ir output also; this service is usually done for free. The other alternative is to buy a new universal remote if this one proves defective.

Username: Deaner33

Brandon, MS USA

Post Number: 2
The remote will occasionally operate the receiver when it is within a foot of the receiver. The remote will control the other components every time from all over the room. I'm not sure if I understand where the problem is. Is it with the receiver? If that's the case would another universal remote work or would it have the same problem? I don't remember where I got the receiver-it's at least 4-5 years old. The receiver otherwise works fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us