Please help me

Username: Bman41391

Post Number: 1
can someone help, im 14 and i just got some great speakers.My receiver on the back say 120 watts max. on my speaker it say recomended receiver 120 watts. i have two speakers, do you add the watts and if you do is it safe to still hook up the speakers to the receiver?and also the speakers say that the independense is 8 omhs,but the receiver has no information about independence.i cheaked the back for a switch or if it would say it but it didn't.the receiver is old as hell.please help me.

Bronze Member
Username: Rsxman

Post Number: 57
i think it means 120 watts max per channel, what kind of receiver is it and whats the model number so we can tell you.

Post Number: 2
Well its REALLY old got it from my dad its a sanyo 4 channel dcx 2700k

Post Number: 3
if its not 120 watts per channel would it do any damage to my speakers or my receiver?

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 2280
Only way is if you crank the receiver up past the point when distortion starts to set in on the speakers. Never heard of a receiver that COULDN'T drive 8 ohm speakers.

Bronze Member
Username: Rsxman

Post Number: 66
Do you know what the wattage rating is on your speakings? meaning does it operate from 50-120 watts? It should be on a sticker on the back of them unless you have Bose, which nobody knows because they dont publish specs

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 915
If you raise the volume enough that the amplifier starts distorting, it could damage your speakers if you kept on playing at that level. If you actually listen to the signal and realise that it's begun distorting, then provided you lower the volume enough to stop distorting, then there should be no problem.

Regards,
Frank.

Post Number: 4
the speakers just say 120max on the back
Thanks for help guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us