Digital Output for LPCM

Bronze Member
Username: Crazyhorse

Post Number: 26
hiya, i was listening to Neil Young Greatest hits (DVD disc 96k LPCM) on my NAD T533 through my NAD T743 via the coax output and I get a very strange output.

The mix is totally different, it seems as if there is a lot of missing infomation, ie guitars that are ususally present are very quiet, but the rest of the mix remains the same and of high quality. When i listen to the DVD through the analogue input all is well. I have tried out a Pioneer DV-656A on the same ampwith the same cable and it plays it fine through its digital output.

So where is this problem coming from?. Why wont my NAD DVD player play properly through the digital coax out put, but it will through the analogue output? Will the analogue output be the same as the digital ie 96k. WHy does the pioneer work fine?
The NAD amp displays that it is getting the 2.0 96k signal
Any help please guys!

Rantz
Unregistered guest
I was hoping someone with a T533 would help you (John A perhaps) as I could only suggest the problem may be in the players set up options. Maybe you could check - digital output - or something to do with PCM, but I'm only guessing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us