Disapointed with my rx v2400

Anonymous

I recently replaced my onkyo tx8511 with a yamaha rx v2400 it does a good job in surround mode but in stereo my onkyo out performs it.the onkyo is rated at 100 watts per channel the yamaha is rated at 120 watts per channel this is the first surround sound riciever I have never purchased I do not know very much about home audio so i read reviwes on the yamaha I thought it was a good reciever based on what I read it sounds good it just doesnt have the bass output the onkyo has. I even double checked to make shure every thing was connected correct. could it be that the onkyo does a better job because it was designed for stereo only or I made a bad choice

Gold Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 1182
"could it be that the onkyo does a better job because it was designed for stereo only or I made a bad choice" Yes. Not unusual to experience a quality drop off when going from stereo to multichannel. But this is very much equipment dependent. I find less of a drop off with multichannel equipment from Marantz, for example than I do with the less expensive Yamahas. But that's just my experience.

The MOFO has spoke.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1183
This is very equipment dependent. But it is not unusual to notice a quality drop off when switching from stereo to multichannel. But the degree of drop off can vary significantly depending on the multichannel set up. As an example, I find Marantz multichannel receivers to be quite adept at reproducing good quality stereo. Lower cost Yamahas and Onkyos, less so.

The MOFO has spoken.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1184
Sorry about the double post. I cancelled the original but obviously, it still went through.

The MOFO has spoken redundantly.

sarandon
Unregistered guest
anon here is a thought you dont you buy an onkyo 2 channel amp i think it is called the m-282 and hook it up to the yamaha and use it as a pre/pro system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us