Rotel rx-1052

Username: Titodelavega

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 3
Leaning towards this stereo receiver to run a pair of Paradigm monitor 11's.
Please share your opinions on this unit.(good or bad)

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 327
It's hard to go wrong with Rotel. I don't know this specific model, but I have an RA model for over 15 years. I have a higher end Marantz now, but I still don't have the heart to part with the Rotel. I am clearing room in the bedroom to run a 2 speaker system with it.

Bronze Member
Username: Brittho

Frisco, TX USA

Post Number: 97
I have the 1052 with the 1072CDP. Rotel makes a fantastic piece of equiptment. Very high build quality and has a nice neutral sound. I am using the 1052 with ProAc studio 140's which are easily driven by the Rotel. If I ever decide to upgrade I will likely go with Audio Research but that will be a few years down the road.

I ended up choosing the Rotel unit over the NAD 720BEE. It was close but the Rotel just offered a better overall sound quality (IMO) across different types of music. Rotel also has impressive customer service from what I experienced recently. I emailed them a question about the receiver and was sent a response back on email within the hour. There is a review for the 1050 off of this site that will give you a good understanding of the 1052 from an editorial point of view. http://www.audiophilia.com/hardware/rotel.htm

Arcam was close but the difference in sound quality could not be justified by the price hike. Especially since buying Arcam would mean buying an integrated amp and a receiver seperatly. My vote is a very enthusiastic thumbs up for the 1052. Rotel just does not get discussed very often in this forum but don't take that as a bad thing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us