Help my Yamaha HTR-5490 died last night!

Username: Brians

Michigan

Post Number: 2
We had some thunderstorms last night and when my wife and I got home we noticed our Yamaha HTR-5490 was not on. Everything else A/V wise was on and appeared to be OK. So first of all not sure if the thunderstorms even had anything to do with it. But when I push the power button the display turns on for 3-5 seconds then shuts down. I found a link to Yamaha for factory resetting the 5490 and went through those steps. Everything seemed to work correctly while doing the reset, the digital display stayed on until I got the PRESET RSRV display, then I shut the 5490 off. It then says to wait 5 seconds and turn on the 5490. Well it does the same thing as before 3-5 seconds of display then shuts off! Is there anything else I can try before throwing my hands up??

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 5828

No. You can ask for a very good surge protector when you get the receiver fixed.

Username: Ffmbiggs

Post Number: 1
Hey Brian had the same problem and this fixed it. My system is a 5440 but it sounds like the same thing. There is a switch on back of your reciever called the impedance selector. Make sure it's all the way to the right or the left. I never moved my and some how it ended up in between. Here is where i found it on page 50.
http://www.yamaha.com/yec/customer/manuals/PDFs/HTR545_1.PDF

Username: Brians

Michigan

Post Number: 3
Mark,
Thanks for the info but I wasn't as lucky as you! Still doing the same thing. I really love my Yammy but even before this happened it had a few minor problems. Really don't want to sink too much money into her so I guess it's time to move on. Oh well!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us